Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day one

For a jet-lagged, stupid american tourist, I am pleased to announce that I have not yet been scammed... at least not that I am aware of. We walked by a temple... on our way to a giant shopping complex, which I have to confess, is where I spent most of my first whole day in Bangkok. Brooke and I window shopped for most of the day, bought a Thai phrase book so that we could attempt to be cordial with the locals, watched an american movie in a giant movie theater, and tried out some local food. Oh, and I bought a hip new pair of european leather shoes. In defense of the mall, the art galleries were amazing! Some of the furniture and interior lighting stores had impressive collections of original designs. And one of the atriums had living walls, with plants growing five stories up the side of the building.


Our next mission is to a find travel agent and get a little advice. I have some interest in doing a meditation retreat, but I doubt I'll be able to convince Brooke it's a good idea. And I quote: "It just sounds like bull shit to me..." ...She wants to do something more active. Oh well, maybe a bicycle trip is a better idea anyway.

No comments: