Monday, July 14, 2008

Anticipation

It's 11pm the night before Brooke and I leave for Bangkok. Considering the duration of this trip - 9 weeks - I feel disturbingly calm. Leaving Eugene 5 days ago was a sort of beginning to the trip, allowing time to remember not to forget all the little bits and pieces. But really, when it comes to enjoying my time in Asia, all I need to bring is a passport, an ATM card and a change of underwear. Everything else I can get along my way.
Planning thus far has gotten us two nights stay at a Golden House Hotel in Bangkok. The rest... got any suggestions? Having freedom to go anywhere is liberating, and a little bit intimidating. For six weeks we will have to intuit and discover each new piece of this journey. The last three, although well laid out with the Art in China program, also hold much mystery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like your realy living it up. Im so envious. I really miss Thailand. I highly recomend the island Ko Tao. Its a great place to snorkle and walk around. Have a blast and go wild. Much love.Cev